Topic: Guest Photography
"This house has pumpkins on the gable of an arched lattice porch. The sinister cats were props at a Kiss concert but have been put to work every Halloween for at least a decade. Usually little children must wait to trick or treat here because the cats are just too scary." - PR
The front porch of Rick, the News Guy, as Phillip notes, most likely decorated by his wife, the CNN executive - "Note the balance of caution tape and spider webs juxtaposed by the architecture." There is, however, no scary Wolf Blitzer.
A masonry note - "Behind a cats cradle of wires this two story porch rest beneath one of my chimneys built for a neighbor just a few doors up the street."
Photos and comments, Copyright © 2006 - Phillip RainesItems by Phillip Raines in Just Above Sunset -
- Preparing for Santa in Georgia - December 25, 2005, masonry
- Cemeteries as Method - September 25, 2005, stonework -
- The Boogie - August 8, 2004, Phillip plays North Georgia
- Real Work - March 28, 2004, masonry
- Playing a gig on Saint Simons Island a day or two before the G8 Summit… - March 28, 2004
- The Treehouse - August 4, 2003
- Phillip Raines Photographs - August 24, 2003
- Treehouse Chronicles - September 1, 2003
- I Was Just This Close - November 9, 2003, Phillip's appreciation of James Brown
- Phillip's Tale - June 1, 2003 - "When I was in my early twenties I was taking sax lessons at an art consortium housed in a school built in the twenties…."